Glencore is committed to delivering positive and lasting social and economic benefits in the regions where we operate.
We support a comprehensive Community Investment program, supporting a range of organisations delivering services and initiatives in key investment areas of:
- Capacity building, including education/training, enterprise development and economic diversity
- Additional needs identified in community planning at a local or regional level.
Our community partnerships include:
- Singleton and Wollondilly Primary Schools Information Technology program
- University of Newcastle and University of Queensland scholarships
- John Hunter Children's Hospital Neonatal Unit
- John Hunter Trauma Unit
- Star Struck
- Hunter Valley Training Company
- Queensland Sea Rangers program
- Queensland Art Gallery
- Mudgee Links Program
- Mudgee 4 Doctors program
- Galuwa Scholarships
West Wallsend recognises that genuine partnerships with local communities and stakeholders are part of a successful business. As such, West Wallsend devotes time, effort and resources to communication and involvement with local communities and engages as a responsible corporate citizen with the wider society of which it is a part.
We have developed a Stakeholder Engagement Plan as part of our EMS for operations, which includes face to face consultation. The primary functions of the face to face consultation program are to exchange information and receive regular feedback from stakeholders regarding our operational, environmental and social performance.
Community Investment (CI)
Applications can be made for funding under the CI program by lodging a grant application form via the "Smarty Grants" website. Please follow the links below:
Community Grant Applications
When you submit your application, you will receive an automated confirmation email with a copy of your submitted application attached. This will be sent to the email you used to register.
If you do not receive a confirmation of submission email then you should presume that your submission has NOT been submitted.